Easy Easter Chick
Hello, I thought I would repost this free pattern that was on my old blog two years ago. It is a simple crochet pattern for an Easter Chick. You will need oddments of double knitting yarn and a 4.00 hook.
- Using only oddments of double knitting yarn in yellow and orange
- Black embroidery thread for eyes
- 4.00 hook
- Small amount of stuffing
Starting with yellow yarn and 4.00 hook
- Ch2., 6dc. into 2nd ch. from hook, ss. to join in 1st dc.
- 1ch., work 2dc. in each st., ss. to join in 1st dc. (12sts)
- 1ch., *1dc. in next dc., 2dc. in next st., rep from * to end ss. to join in 1st dc.
- 1ch., *1dc. in next 2dc., 2dc. in next dc. rep. from * from* ending ss. to join in 1st. dc.
- 1ch., * 1dc. in next st. rep from * ending ss. to join in 1st dc.
- to 8. As round 5
- and 10. 1ch., * 1dc. in next 2dc., miss 1dc., rep from * ending ss. to join in 1st dc.
Leaving a long end fasten off.
Stuff the chicken and gather up the opening
Make 2 in yellow
4ch., 2tr. in 4th ch. from hook, 3ch. ss. to join in 4th ch. where tr. were worked (starting ch.) Fasten
Make 2 in orange
- 3ch., 2tr. in 3rd ch. from hook
- 1ch., turn, 1ss. and 1tr., in 1st st., (ss. into next st., 1tr. in same place,) rep. ( ) once more working in top of 3ch. ss. to join in same place. Fasten off
Beak in orange
ch.2, 5dc. in 2nd ch. from hook ss. to join in 1st dc. Fasten off
Free PDF version of this pattern Easy Easter Chick.
©Ali Crafts Designs
This pattern is the property of A. Walker and an original design
Please do not copy or publish without permission